Xerox Corporation announced that they will be expanding their cloud services to small-and-mid-sized businesses (SMBs). Previously, these services are only available to global corporations. Starting on January 31, 2012, these SMBs can now transform their business operations utilizing a new type of cloud services from the Company.
The Cloud services are marketed through the Company’s value-added resellers (VARs) and include Infrastructure as a Service or better known as IaaS specifically made for midrange and Intel Systems, Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery services.
These services assure that once a company uses those, their applications, data and IT platforms are secure. The business cloud services manage workload demand and are priced to serve SMBs that have annual revenue of $10-$250 million.
Ken Stephens, senior vice president of Xerox Cloud Services said ““Cloud technology is often presented as a complex, ‘big company’ infrastructure solution. But, in fact, managing IT operations in the ‘cloud’ is just as relevant and affordable for smaller companies and can be even more impactful.” He added that “Expanding Xerox’s IaaS and Backup and Recovery services to SMBs is the next step toward offering a full suite of business cloud services that SMBs can access on a ‘pay-as-you-go’ model.”
The new Xerox Cloud Services are the ff:
- Xerox Cloud IaaS ideal Intel and Midrange Systems.
- The Xerox Cloud IaaS will meet the contradictory demands of various operating models.
- Xerox will deliver secure cloud services through five global centers that have multi-tenant technologies and virtual LANs.
- It is quickly installed and ready to use.
- User friendly with an on-demand “click and pick” provisioning process.
- It ensures tracking, auditing and reporting capabilities.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Service.
- Data applications are recovered operating systems – everything on the server can be restored in less than 24 hours.
- Daily, the data backup is replicated, secured, encrypted and conducted.
About the Company
Xerox Corporation (the Stock) is a global provider of portfolio or document technology, services and software. It also provides a diverse range of business process and information technology outsourcing support. The Company operates in three segments: Technology; Services; Others. The Company specializes in the design, development and delivery of effective IT solutions to provide IT outsourcing services like Data Center Outsourcing, Mid-range Server Outsourcing, Network Outsourcing, Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM), Help Desk/Service Desk Management, Desktop Outsourcing, Managed Storage, Utility Computing, Utility Computing, Security Services, IT commercial services.